Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stockholm Syndrome

Ok, so I know that Stockholm Syndrome traditionally relates to a person becoming enamoured of their captor due to lengthy captivity but I don't see why the same thing doesn't relate to the fantastic Stockholm Blend at The Tea Centre.

It was Friday afternoon and after a heavy week, my boss had allowed the team to head off home at 3pm.  My problem:  I had left my keys at home so I had to wait until my fiance arrived home to let me in.

Anyway, I decided to spend the afternoon at The Tea Centre with a pot of Stockholm Blend.  It is a blend of black tea, orange peel, safflower, calendula blossom, rose petals, vanilla pieces and apricot.  It smells spicy and strongly of vanilla and apricots.

It tastes smooth, without a hint of bitterness despite the orange peel.  It is fruity, the same way you might describe in a red wine.

Yes, I did fall for my captor, if you count a divine black tea blend.  Well, it was rather captivating!





No comments:

Post a Comment