Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Joy of Jasmine

Chatting to the barista at my in-house cafe, I discovered they actually stock a reasonable amount of T2 teas.  Rather than having my usual light soy chai latte, I decided that in honour of spring, I would try out something more fitting to the season.

Enter China Jasmine.

I love jasmine.  There is a large jasmine hedge near my apartment and every day when I walk past on my way to work, the sweet and subtle smell of the tiny white jasmine flowers follows me along the block.  It is delightful!

China Jasmine captures this experience, with the same beautiful smell eminating from my cup.  I have it without milk or sugar.  It tastes sweet and rich with a little kick in the aftertaste.  It reminds me of walking through the Chinese Gardens at Darling Harbour.  It's being in the middle of a bustling city, but at peace.

Excellent tea for escaping the day for a few moments.  As I come to the end of the cup, the taste lingers for a little and then is gone.

Back to work...

1 comment:

  1. I too love jasmine! It has great memories for me. There was a large bush of jasmine on my grandpas fence when I was little where I used to play. I love that overwhelming jasmine smell on a summer afternoon. I actually just planted a little jasmine plant in the garden a few days ago to celebrate the warmer weather.....ah! So i will have to try some of this tea, it sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete