Thursday, December 2, 2010

Super Spearole

Tea blends come in all tastes and remedies.

Dr Red's Spearole Tea falls into the remedy category.

Apparently scientific tests have been done on this tea which proves that provided you drink enough of it, you can eat whatever you want and not get fat!  Now wouldn't that be super!

Somehow I imagine that you would have to drink so much that you wouldn't actually ever be hungry and that's how the effect would work...just a theory.

Anyway, on my mother's recommendation I picked up a packet of this new miracle tea.

For tea, it is actually pretty expensive. At my local health food emporium, 150gm sets you back almost $30.

I open the foil bag and take a huge whiff - smells like chewing gum.  The spearmint kind.

It is actually a blend of gunpowder green tea, olive leaf, spearmint oil, olive skins, grape seeds and spearmint spouts.

I pop a teaspoon full into my infuser after letting my boiling water cool a bit.  After a minute, I whip out the infuser and inhale deeply.  It smells, nose-clearingly like spearmint.  Yum!

The taste is quite strong and quite astringent.  It is a darker colour green tea.  It has the lovely minty finish which is rather nice.  Maybe suitable for a little after dinner tipple for those of a healthier disposition.

I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either.  It was a little strong for my liking and I imagine if you left the leaves in for longer than a minute, the astringency would deck you.  I don't know if it is really endowed with magical waist-whittling powers but it is a good one if you like a strong green.

Dr Red also does another tea blend called Purple Carrot Tea.  I think I'll have to work my way up to that one.

1 comment:

  1. Your husband must be a great guy letting you spend $30 on tea that you dint really like! I'm more in to the 50 bags for $5 just seems such a bargain!!

    What's the most expensive tea you have tried and dis you like it?

    I love your blog keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete